Hybrid Power Systems for Humanitarian Aid
Energy Solutions’ readily transportable hybrid power solutions can be rapidly deployed for humanitarian aid. Running large generators 24/7 can be inefficient in such situations where as a correctly configured hybrid power system can cut generator running time significantly - saving large amounts on fuel and operating costs. It is estimated that it costs in the region of 7 litres of fuel to deliver just 1 litre to a troubled site. As fuel is generally at a premium in these situations the hidden financial and humanitarian savings can be very large.
Our hybrid power system can easily be connected to renewable power sources if available and this will further reduce the reliance on fossil fuels. With sophisticated controls and monitoring the added bonus for those managing situations both remotely and on the ground is that data can be controlled and read from anywhere with an internet connection.
The ability to run facilities from the power saved in the batteries has the additional benefit of delivering silent power when it’s needed.
Sign up here for the latest news on our off grid hybrid power systems
Driving up efficiency, driving down emissions
Energy Solutions provide a range of hybrid power solutions designed to drive up efficiency and drive down emissions.
EasyGrid – hybrid off grid power unit
EasyGrid hybrid power systems offer a convenient and efficient method of delivering power to any construction environment without a grid connection. Whether a site needs power for lighting, a welfare cabin or equipment our EasyGrid units will deliver power far more efficiently than a generator alone.
EasyGrids’ utilise generator power, and renewables if available, to store power in a sophisticated battery bank with a dedicated monitoring & control system. Delivering silent power from the battery when needed. The generator will only be started when loads demand more power or to top up the battery, significantly reducing emissions.
Available in five sizes, EasyGrid 3000, EasyGrid 5000, EasyGrid 10000, EasyGrid 30000 and EasyGrid 45000.
- Silent Power – Battery storage delivers silent power
- Fuel Saving – Save fuel by running generator less
- Remote Monitoring – Full control and monitoring of your hybrid system
- Lower Emissions – Less generator run time reduces emissions
- Installation – Simple installation and configuration
Connecting to an Unreliable Grid
For our international customers we are able to add an additional connection point for connecting the EasyGrid 5000 and 10,000 units to an unreliable local grid connection. This allows users to make use of grid power when it is available and then to automatically switch to the EasyGrid supply during power cuts. This additional option is viable if you are installing the unit in an area with frequent daily power outages and you require continuous power. Please ask us and we can include this option with your quotation.
VariPower – variable speed generator power system.
Designed and built in the UK the unit addresses the increasing market demands for quiet power (a major factor in residential areas) with economical generator use. The units offer true variable power from the built in generator – it can run at any level between 900 and 2000 rpm; meaning it has two major advantages over a traditional generator. Firstly, economy - It means that if the power demand is only low the unit can run at just 900 rpm, fewer revolutions mean the generator is using less fuel and creates less noise. Secondly, longevity - the unit is not going to be worked so hard, it will only be powering at the level required, therefore increasing the interval between generator services and renewals.
- Variable speed generator
- Built in fuel tank
- Batteries: 40 Kwh (Usable 21 Kwh)
- Connect Solar: up to 4 Kw (Can be expanded with optional upgrade)
In a temporary power environment the VariPower has the ability to act intelligently without manual intervention - as power demands increase the generator will seamlessly increase its rpms to deliver the capacity needed, and reduce again as required. For periods of very low load, i.e. during the night or day when only a few loads need to run, the system will simply use the power stored in the batteries. This gives silent power when most needed.
Alongside the generator is a 20kWh battery bank, either one or two 10kVA inverter/chargers and DSE Net monitoring. The system is also designed to accept renewable power such as solar directly into the system. All housed within a powered coated steel enclosure which is designed for being put outside in any conditions.
Containerised Hybrid Power System
A containerised hybrid system is ideal for those needing a large power supply. These systems are semi- bespoke and can be tailored with the following options:
- 30kVA – 90kVA Single and Three Phase options available
- Inverter charger with a continuous output meeting the system capacities above.
- Diesel, water cooled, 1500 RPM (or 1800 RPM for 60 Hz applications) generator (single or three phase as appropriate) in sound enclosure with autostart control system.
- Bunded diesel tank with mechanical and system fuel gauges.
- Recessed connection box for outgoing power, auxiliary connections and external controls and indications.
- Lithium Ion battery pack or Lead acid deep cycle battery bank. (Lithium system offers superior energy performance due to low battery losses and also optimises fuel consumption and generator running hours as it can be charged fast to 100%)
- Solar ready
- DC and AC distribution boards
- DC lighting inside container
- Proprietary control system (internet connection required)