Hybrid Power Systems for Farming
Power for remote buildings, barns and ancillary facilities is a necessity for many farms. Traditionally, if a mains connection was not available or too costly, a generator has been used as an alternative power source. However running a generator 24/7 is costly in fuel and servicing costs and offers no option to vary the power dependent on load.
Our hybrid power solutions bring a cost effective option for those off grid sites. They offer a reduction in fuel and servicing costs, lower emissions, remote monitoring and the ability to link to renewables. Our EasyGrid hybrid units can be connected to new or existing generators and also have the option to connect to a solar array -reducing fuel costs & generator run time. VariPower hybrid units include a variable speed generator and as a transportable option can be moved easily between locations if needed. For larger power requirements we can also supply a containerised hybrid system built to your own requirements.
Sign up here for the latest news on our off grid hybrid power systems
“the feeling of having our own power and water is fantastic, being independent of all services has been our dream”
RM, Suffolk Farm
EasyGrid – hybrid off grid power unit
EasyGrid hybrid power systems offer a convenient and efficient method of delivering power to any construction environment without a grid connection. Whether a site needs power for lighting, a welfare cabin or equipment our EasyGrid units will deliver power far more efficiently than a generator alone.
EasyGrids’ utilise generator power, and renewables if available, to store power in a sophisticated battery bank with a dedicated monitoring & control system. Delivering silent power from the battery when needed. The generator will only be started when loads demand more power or to top up the battery, significantly reducing emissions.
Available in five sizes, EasyGrid 3000, EasyGrid 5000, EasyGrid 10000, EasyGrid 30000 and EasyGrid 45000.
- Silent Power – Battery storage delivers silent power
- Fuel Saving – Save fuel by running generator less
- Remote Monitoring – Full control and monitoring of your hybrid system
- Lower Emissions – Less generator run time reduces emissions
- Installation – Simple installation and configuration
VariPower – variable speed generator power system.
Designed and built in the UK the unit addresses the increasing market demands for quiet power (a major factor in residential areas) with economical generator use. The units offer true variable power from the built in generator – it can run at any level between 900 and 2000 rpm; meaning it has two major advantages over a traditional generator. Firstly, economy - It means that if the power demand is only low the unit can run at just 900 rpm, fewer revolutions mean the generator is using less fuel and creates less noise. Secondly, longevity - the unit is not going to be worked so hard, it will only be powering at the level required, therefore increasing the interval between generator services and renewals.
- Variable speed generator
- Built in fuel tank
- Batteries: 40 Kwh (Usable 21 Kwh)
- Connect Solar: up to 4 Kw (Can be expanded with optional upgrade)
In a temporary power environment the VariPower has the ability to act intelligently without manual intervention - as power demands increase the generator will seamlessly increase its rpms to deliver the capacity needed, and reduce again as required. For periods of very low load, i.e. during the night or day when only a few loads need to run, the system will simply use the power stored in the batteries. This gives silent power when most needed.
Alongside the generator is a 20kWh battery bank, either one or two 10kVA inverter/chargers and DSE Net monitoring. The system is also designed to accept renewable power such as solar directly into the system. All housed within a powered coated steel enclosure which is designed for being put outside in any conditions.
Containerised Hybrid Power System
A containerised hybrid system is ideal for those needing a large power supply. These systems are semi- bespoke and can be tailored with the following options:
- 30kVA – 90kVA Single and Three Phase options available
- Inverter charger with a continuous output meeting the system capacities above.
- Diesel, water cooled, 1500 RPM (or 1800 RPM for 60 Hz applications) generator (single or three phase as appropriate) in sound enclosure with autostart control system.
- Bunded diesel tank with mechanical and system fuel gauges.
- Recessed connection box for outgoing power, auxiliary connections and external controls and indications.
- Lithium Ion battery pack or Lead acid deep cycle battery bank. (Lithium system offers superior energy performance due to low battery losses and also optimises fuel consumption and generator running hours as it can be charged fast to 100%)
- Solar ready
- DC and AC distribution boards
- DC lighting inside container
- Proprietary control system (internet connection required)
Hybrid Power Improving Air Quality
An increasing concern in built up areas and construction sites are the particulate and NOx emissions from diesel generators. Our hybrid power units reduce the run time of generators substantially – therefore cutting down these emissions. Whilst a hybrid system does not stop generator use completely, they make a significant difference to the local air quality, which is a benefit for both onsite staff welfare and local residents.